Keeping potted indoor house plants alive can be even more challenging than your outdoor garden. Below is a list of some that are not only easy to keep alive, but will grow and provide much pleasure and beauty.
1. Aloe. Everyone loves Aloe. It's easy to grow and has great medical purpose. Its elongated leaves give it a cacti look and they are full of aloe, which is great for burns & scrapes. Keep in a kitchen or dining room window, potted in round pots. Make sure they are the size you prefer since these plants will fill any sizepotyou plant in .
2. Peace Lilies. The spoon shaped flowers normally appear in the summer, but can also bloom through-out the year. When potted in a tall planter it becomes very regal. Neglect, low light, low humidity and a wide range of temps makes it perfect for that dark corner that needs a bit of beauty.
3. Chinese Evergreen. Arching lance shape leaves, usually silver, gray or shades of green cool beautiful as a center piece on a table. Pot in something colorful, decorative or artsy for an outstanding look.
4. Asparagus Fern.Always popular and totally stunning this makes the perfect potted indoor plant. The stems of this fern shoot upward and outward with white flowers that turn into bright red berries. Must be kept away from pets and children but when potted in a large container, it makes a huge display.
5. Christmas Cactus. Even though it usually blooms mid to late December, this potted cacti will create a lush green display all year around. Pinch back the plant or prune with shears to encourage the plant to branch and create a unique potted display.